Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Welcome to Blood Alley

This blog has been created to post my thoughts (and yours) about my latest novel, BLOOD ALLEY. I intend to check in from time to time, and post comments about my appearances and the reactions I've been receiving to the book.

I look forward to hearing from readers ... or from anyone who has an interest in New York City in the 1940s, especially in the years immediately after World War II. It was a fascinating time, and lately I've been wondering if I want to revisit it in some other novels, in much the way that Alan Furst keeps setting his novels in Europe in the late 1930s and early 1940s. After all, you've done all that research ... why not just keep going?

2 comments:

Roger Mehl said...

What inspire you to write Blood Alley?

Tom Coffey said...

Roger:

A story my parents told me, many years ago, about the development of the United Nations area on the East Side of Manhattan. I hadn't realized until then that the area was a warren of tenements, breweries and slaughterhouses.