Thursday, July 23, 2009

That Was Fast

FWIW, I just finished writing the first draft of a screenplay titled NO GOOD DEED. I read it through this morning. It needs some work, of course. But the bones seem solid, and I was more pleased with the screenplay than I usually am with the first drafts of the stuff I write.

The script is noirish with comic overtones, a la the work of Elmore Leonard, Quentin Tarantino (back when he made movies) and the Coen brothers (sometimes).

My plan is to finish the second draft before our family vacation(s) start in the middle of August. Shortly after Labor Day, I'll look it over one more time, do some touch-ups, and start looking for an agent to represent it. (My literary agent, Bill Contardi, does not represent screenplays.)

If anybody knows a screenplay agent who likes this kind of material ....

No comments: