Thursday, March 18, 2010

R.I.P. Dave Stern

I should have posted about this a few days ago, but the press of events has prevented me.

My college roommate, friend and writing partner, Dave Stern, died suddenly of a heart attack last weekend in his hometown of Marblehead, Mass. His love and commitment to his community were evident on Monday at his funeral -- about 1,000 people attended the service at Temple Emanu-El in Marblehead.

Dave was 51, and left us all far too soon. We will always remember his humor, intelligence, energy, and innumerable kindnesses. In your thoughts and prayers please remember Dave; his wife, Sylvia; and their sons, Sam and Jeff.

Here is a link to Dave's death notice, which ran in The Boston Globe:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?n=david-m-stern&pid=140695622

1 comment:

Missy said...

Just read about Dave's death in the SU Alumni Journal. What a shocker. Thought he was invincible! He was a true character - very funny, very smart, very engaging. I am seriously depressed over the news.

I will remember the house on Clarendon and wonder who really did that Devo stenciling around campus.